10 high school football stories to know heading into the 2013 season
»10 items «
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
Football season is officially upon us. You can count it down with just one hand now. Everything gets underway this Friday night with the opening of the 2013 high school football season, which will be followed in the coming weeks by the start of college football and the NFL. As is always the case in Utah, high school football kicks everything off, and this year there are 103 teams competing at the varsity level. You can bet there's anxiety and tension at every school. What programs will take the next step? What programs will take steps backward? For some, two or three wins would be considered a good season, while others will settle for nothing less than a state championship. To get fans geared up for what should be another fantastic season, here are 10 notable stories worth paying attention to this season.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48