Jubilation and devastation: 75 emotional photos from the end of World War II
»75 of 75 «
Crowds of joyous Chinese make a forest of hands as they wave during Chungking’s victory celebrations, on Aug. 29, 1945. Many of them can be seen making the V- sign after receiving the welcome news, that the Japanese in Chungking wanted to surrender.
»75 of 75 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 51
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 48
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 28
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 23
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12