Jubilation and devastation: 75 emotional photos from the end of World War II
»75 of 75 «
Crowds of joyous Chinese make a forest of hands as they wave during Chungking’s victory celebrations, on Aug. 29, 1945. Many of them can be seen making the V- sign after receiving the welcome news, that the Japanese in Chungking wanted to surrender.
»75 of 75 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 29
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 13
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- Clinton seeks to cut into Sanders' New... 8
- Clinton's New Hampshire challenge:... 6
- US productivity fell at sharp 3 percent... 5
- Democratic race down to just two:... 5