Jubilation and devastation: 75 emotional photos from the end of World War II
»75 of 75 «
Crowds of joyous Chinese make a forest of hands as they wave during Chungking’s victory celebrations, on Aug. 29, 1945. Many of them can be seen making the V- sign after receiving the welcome news, that the Japanese in Chungking wanted to surrender.
»75 of 75 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 85
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 46
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 44
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25