The best industries for a secure retirement
Utilities »1 of 14 «
Bolstered primarily by strong unions, utilities workers such as plumbers and electricians enjoy some of the best pension plans in the country as a whole. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, roughly 80 percent of utilities workers participate in defined benefit pension plans. Not only does the field offer competitive retirement funds, but the utilities industry is also in need of some new blood. As of 2010, roughly one in five utilities workers were at the age of retirement.
»1 of 14 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- How much is your diploma worth? Money... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment... 2