The best industries for a secure retirement
Utilities »1 of 14 «
Bolstered primarily by strong unions, utilities workers such as plumbers and electricians enjoy some of the best pension plans in the country as a whole. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, roughly 80 percent of utilities workers participate in defined benefit pension plans. Not only does the field offer competitive retirement funds, but the utilities industry is also in need of some new blood. As of 2010, roughly one in five utilities workers were at the age of retirement.
»1 of 14 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- New mission presidents
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Helping students 'climb the mountain'... 10
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Want to save money in 2015?... 3
- Creative license: Rethinking the... 2
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that... 1
- Hard-hit worker wonders where the... 1