The best industries for a secure retirement
Utilities »1 of 14 «
Bolstered primarily by strong unions, utilities workers such as plumbers and electricians enjoy some of the best pension plans in the country as a whole. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, roughly 80 percent of utilities workers participate in defined benefit pension plans. Not only does the field offer competitive retirement funds, but the utilities industry is also in need of some new blood. As of 2010, roughly one in five utilities workers were at the age of retirement.
»1 of 14 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 25
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- Financial interventions don't work 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2