The best industries for a secure retirement
Utilities »1 of 14 «
Bolstered primarily by strong unions, utilities workers such as plumbers and electricians enjoy some of the best pension plans in the country as a whole. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, roughly 80 percent of utilities workers participate in defined benefit pension plans. Not only does the field offer competitive retirement funds, but the utilities industry is also in need of some new blood. As of 2010, roughly one in five utilities workers were at the age of retirement.
»1 of 14 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 1