The best industries for a secure retirement
As the Deseret News recently reported, Bankrate reported that the average congressman retires more comfortably than most Americans. In fact, many Americans aren't ready for retirement at all. A study by the Employee Benefit Research Institute conducted this year showed that only 66 percent of all Americans have begun saving for retirement. That leaves 34 percent of American workers without any retirement savings.
Among those who are saving, retirement plans provided by their employers are often the largest helps to their future financial security.
In light of Bankrate's assessment of elected representatives, the Deseret News has compiled a list of some of the best jobs, both public and private, when it comes to retirement security.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- How do Americans use their time? 1