The best industries for a secure retirement
As the Deseret News recently reported, Bankrate reported that the average congressman retires more comfortably than most Americans. In fact, many Americans aren't ready for retirement at all. A study by the Employee Benefit Research Institute conducted this year showed that only 66 percent of all Americans have begun saving for retirement. That leaves 34 percent of American workers without any retirement savings.
Among those who are saving, retirement plans provided by their employers are often the largest helps to their future financial security.
In light of Bankrate's assessment of elected representatives, the Deseret News has compiled a list of some of the best jobs, both public and private, when it comes to retirement security.
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals... 2
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2