BYU football: 10 newcomers are set to contribute immediately for the Cougars this fall
PROVO — A week and a half into fall camp, several newcomers have started to emerge on BYU's football team.
In particular, a handful of players have established themselves as likely contributors — if not heavy contributors — this fall.
These new guys have played well and subsequently have received praise from coaches. They also play at positions pinpointed as potential trouble spots prior to the start of fall camp, which makes their emergence timely and necessary.
Offensive line was widely pronounced as a potential trouble spot heading into the season, and the group received a lot of scrutiny as a result. Five incoming players are vying for playing time along the O-line — with two of those five recently receiving praise from coaches.
Other positions where newcomers are set to make immediate impacts are at both cornerback positions, nose tackle and at kicker, where both Trevor Samson and Moose Bingham are battling incumbent Justin Sorensen.
So which players are set to make immediate contributions this season and what can fans expect?
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 114
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 94
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 69
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 53
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 32