BYU football: 10 newcomers are set to contribute immediately for the Cougars this fall
PROVO — A week and a half into fall camp, several newcomers have started to emerge on BYU's football team.
In particular, a handful of players have established themselves as likely contributors — if not heavy contributors — this fall.
These new guys have played well and subsequently have received praise from coaches. They also play at positions pinpointed as potential trouble spots prior to the start of fall camp, which makes their emergence timely and necessary.
Offensive line was widely pronounced as a potential trouble spot heading into the season, and the group received a lot of scrutiny as a result. Five incoming players are vying for playing time along the O-line — with two of those five recently receiving praise from coaches.
Other positions where newcomers are set to make immediate impacts are at both cornerback positions, nose tackle and at kicker, where both Trevor Samson and Moose Bingham are battling incumbent Justin Sorensen.
So which players are set to make immediate contributions this season and what can fans expect?
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- New mission presidents
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27