BYU football: 10 newcomers are set to contribute immediately for the Cougars this fall
PROVO — A week and a half into fall camp, several newcomers have started to emerge on BYU's football team.
In particular, a handful of players have established themselves as likely contributors — if not heavy contributors — this fall.
These new guys have played well and subsequently have received praise from coaches. They also play at positions pinpointed as potential trouble spots prior to the start of fall camp, which makes their emergence timely and necessary.
Offensive line was widely pronounced as a potential trouble spot heading into the season, and the group received a lot of scrutiny as a result. Five incoming players are vying for playing time along the O-line — with two of those five recently receiving praise from coaches.
Other positions where newcomers are set to make immediate impacts are at both cornerback positions, nose tackle and at kicker, where both Trevor Samson and Moose Bingham are battling incumbent Justin Sorensen.
So which players are set to make immediate contributions this season and what can fans expect?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 28
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27