Rock On: Bronco's idea not worst ever
DONE AND DONE
BYU football coach Bronco Mendenhall has done some offbeat things. He once had players carry slogan coins in their pockets for an entire season. He initiated the phrase “Quest for Perfection” — which wasn’t as perfect as he’d hoped — and compared his players to scriptural heroes.
But what really got people going was last week when he announced he would have the word “Tradition,” “Spirit” or “Honor” on the backs of all jerseys.
A few hours later he hastily retreated, saying the names would only apply to the Homecoming game.
No truth to the rumor he’s planning on adding “Chaste,” “Benevolent” and “Virtuous” to the jerseys for 2014.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25