Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 60
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments... 52
- Religious schools and universities on... 46
- White House lit in rainbow colors after... 33
- Woman removes Confederate flag in front... 25
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired 24
- Obama delivers unvarnished race lecture... 15
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13