Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss (win?) in...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Passover, a holiday for all, starts with a...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 67
- Federal land managers release 400 or so... 57
- Shoe thrown at Hillary Clinton during... 29
- Kirsten Dunst targeted after saying... 27
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 26
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- 'Obamacare' under attack as... 14