Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Two Utah schools under federal investigation...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term solution?...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one of the...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS Church moves volunteers from Turkey to...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 42
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 40
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 26