Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 29
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 28
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 10
- Senate averts shutdown fears; Democrats... 9
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 7