Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 40
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 23
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 19
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9