Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,...
- Girl's abduction, death leave Navajo...
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican...
- Orem real estate manager indicted in...
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican... 74
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 48
- White House: Obama not offended by... 28
- Kasich calls for balance on gay rights,... 23
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive... 19
- Trump virtually clinches Republican... 18
- Trump, Clinton all but certain to face... 18
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 18