Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 60
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 49
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon,... 20
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 20
- Clinton pitches new gun controls... 15
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15