Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Man shot, killed by Spanish Fork police...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Herriman man dies following fistfight with...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 77
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 34
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in... 23
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- Fired reporter kills 2 former... 17
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 16