Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 18
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 13
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8