Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 40
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 27
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22