Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I choose...
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare system...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of victory...
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general...
- BYU football receives commitment from 2017...
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares US...
- Election tallies: Primary election results
- What every parent needs to know about food...
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 52
- In need of help, Trump finds few... 40
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26