Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 19
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8