Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 17
- Obama administration wants to give... 15
- The lie behind the idea that ‘sex... 15
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 12
- Sanders rallies supporters in... 11
- Clinton charity donors surge amid... 11
- Man accused in lion death says he... 10