Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14