Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- 5 arguments Republicans are using to... 27
- Hillary Clinton faces promise, risk of... 24
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 24
- US senator says it's time to put a... 22
- Hillary Rodham Clinton completes shift... 18
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Climate change plan faces high-profile... 15