Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12