Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- Photo gallery: 'Birdman' takes flight... 26
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 25
- President Obama says he's committed to... 19
- Obama to governors: DHS shutdown would... 16
- Clinton says she would push... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15