Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- New mission presidents
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 57
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 31
- Obama sounds alarm on climate damage in... 30
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 13
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11