Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Senate panel approves resolution calling porn...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- In a U.S. divided on gun control,... 8