Q&A on anti-gay legislation in Russia
»16 items «
The law on "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations among minors" was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin on July 29. Originally titled the law on "homosexual propaganda," the bill criminalizes public expression of support for nontraditional relationships. Russian lawmakers say the law doesn't outlaw homosexuality but merely discourages discussion of it among people younger than 18. However, the law has outraged Russian liberals and some sectors of the international community just six months before the start of the Winter Olympic Games in the Russian city of Sochi.
»16 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- BYU rolls by Utah State 51-28 to win the Old...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 38
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 27
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 23
- Obama pledges solidarity with France,... 19
- Officer charged with murder in teen's... 18
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 17