The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Bronson Kaufusi »2 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6-foot-7/282 pounds
Position: Defensive end
Kaufusi made an impact as a freshman last season, his first year back after fulfilling an LDS Church mission. He even moonlighted as a hoopster, joining the men's basketball team last year when the Cougars needed big-man help after incurring some injuries.
His 4.5 sacks tied for second on the BYU team with eventual NFL draft pick Ezekiel Ansah, all while never starting a single game. He also had 23 tackles — 5.5 for loss — and a fumble recovery.
This season, Kaufusi is expected to fill the shoes of Ansah and help senior All-America candidate Kyle Van Noy put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
“That’s the plan,” Kaufusi told Deseret News columnist Dick Harmon.
»2 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...