The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Bronson Kaufusi »2 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6-foot-7/282 pounds
Position: Defensive end
Kaufusi made an impact as a freshman last season, his first year back after fulfilling an LDS Church mission. He even moonlighted as a hoopster, joining the men's basketball team last year when the Cougars needed big-man help after incurring some injuries.
His 4.5 sacks tied for second on the BYU team with eventual NFL draft pick Ezekiel Ansah, all while never starting a single game. He also had 23 tackles — 5.5 for loss — and a fumble recovery.
This season, Kaufusi is expected to fill the shoes of Ansah and help senior All-America candidate Kyle Van Noy put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
“That’s the plan,” Kaufusi told Deseret News columnist Dick Harmon.
»2 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Jazz: Intriguing prospect Thon Maker out to...
- 'An answer to many prayers': Hong Kong China...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae Booker's...
- Teacher on leave after telling students to...
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer, conversion,...
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt. Everest?...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 128
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 48
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 41
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 34
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18