The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Bronson Kaufusi »2 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6-foot-7/282 pounds
Position: Defensive end
Kaufusi made an impact as a freshman last season, his first year back after fulfilling an LDS Church mission. He even moonlighted as a hoopster, joining the men's basketball team last year when the Cougars needed big-man help after incurring some injuries.
His 4.5 sacks tied for second on the BYU team with eventual NFL draft pick Ezekiel Ansah, all while never starting a single game. He also had 23 tackles — 5.5 for loss — and a fumble recovery.
This season, Kaufusi is expected to fill the shoes of Ansah and help senior All-America candidate Kyle Van Noy put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
“That’s the plan,” Kaufusi told Deseret News columnist Dick Harmon.
»2 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34