The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Bronson Kaufusi »2 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6-foot-7/282 pounds
Position: Defensive end
Kaufusi made an impact as a freshman last season, his first year back after fulfilling an LDS Church mission. He even moonlighted as a hoopster, joining the men's basketball team last year when the Cougars needed big-man help after incurring some injuries.
His 4.5 sacks tied for second on the BYU team with eventual NFL draft pick Ezekiel Ansah, all while never starting a single game. He also had 23 tackles — 5.5 for loss — and a fumble recovery.
This season, Kaufusi is expected to fill the shoes of Ansah and help senior All-America candidate Kyle Van Noy put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
“That’s the plan,” Kaufusi told Deseret News columnist Dick Harmon.
»2 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during...
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan...
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33...
- The pro-life plan that could reverse recent...
- Utah Jazz: Examining how George Hill,...
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in hot car,...
- 2016 Seminar for New Mission Presidents:...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 75
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14