The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Mitch Watrous »13 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6 feet/200 pounds
Position: Right-handed pitcher
This Riverton native was honorable mention All-Pac-12 as a sophomore as a vital cog in the Utes' starting rotation. He went 4-4 with a 2.81 ERA and piled up 64 strikeouts as a sophomore.
Watrous tied the school record for strikeouts in a single game in his very first start of the 2013 campaign (12) against the St. Mary's Gaels. He also held the third-ranked Oregon State Beavers to one run on four hits with five K's. Watrous started and won both of Utah's 2013 shutouts.
"Mitch has established himself as one of the premier pitchers in the league," Utah baseball head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He matched up every weekend with the best guys in the Pac-12. He's a guy we are counting on to lead our staff and to again pitch on Friday nights."
»13 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 143
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 95
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 58
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 30
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24