The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Mitch Watrous »13 of 33 «
Height/weight: 6 feet/200 pounds
Position: Right-handed pitcher
This Riverton native was honorable mention All-Pac-12 as a sophomore as a vital cog in the Utes' starting rotation. He went 4-4 with a 2.81 ERA and piled up 64 strikeouts as a sophomore.
Watrous tied the school record for strikeouts in a single game in his very first start of the 2013 campaign (12) against the St. Mary's Gaels. He also held the third-ranked Oregon State Beavers to one run on four hits with five K's. Watrous started and won both of Utah's 2013 shutouts.
"Mitch has established himself as one of the premier pitchers in the league," Utah baseball head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He matched up every weekend with the best guys in the Pac-12. He's a guy we are counting on to lead our staff and to again pitch on Friday nights."
»13 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Video: Man uses 'random acts of pasta' to...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta sings 'If the...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25