The difference-makers: 30 key BYU, Utah and USU athletes to watch during 2013-14
Taylor Sander »11 of 33 «
Sport: Men's volleyball
Position: Outside hitter
The Sandman has been a force for years on the volleyball court for the Cougars, and he will have one more opportunity to help BYU bring home a national title. The team fell short in the national championship match against UC Irvine last season.
The Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Player of the Year and All-American racked up a team-high 461 kills in 2013, and he became the program's all-time leader in service aces (watch the above video for the record-setting ace). In the national title match, he led the Cougars with 20 kills, three blocks and four digs.
In 2014, BYU will be missing conference freshman of the year Ben Patch, who will be serving an LDS Church mission, but with Sander back, the Cougars should again be a contender for a national championship.
»11 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies