High school sports: 26 athletes to watch in 2013-14
August has arrived, and soon thousands of high school athletes across the state of Utah will be representing their respective teams on the field of play.
Whether it's football or soccer in the fall, basketball or wrestling in the winter or track or softball in the spring, and all sports in between, there are plenty of top-flight talents who compete at Utah high schools all season long.
From up-and-coming sophomores to standout seniors, high school athletes display some of the best attributes of sports: heart, passion and determination.
Who are some of the top talents to pay attention to during the 2013-14 season?
Here's a look at 26 athletes to keep an eye on:
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37