High school sports: 26 athletes to watch in 2013-14
August has arrived, and soon thousands of high school athletes across the state of Utah will be representing their respective teams on the field of play.
Whether it's football or soccer in the fall, basketball or wrestling in the winter or track or softball in the spring, and all sports in between, there are plenty of top-flight talents who compete at Utah high schools all season long.
From up-and-coming sophomores to standout seniors, high school athletes display some of the best attributes of sports: heart, passion and determination.
Who are some of the top talents to pay attention to during the 2013-14 season?
Here's a look at 26 athletes to keep an eye on:
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Washington school gunman was homecoming...
- 'Overwhelming' community, national support...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- NYC police commissioner: Hatchet attack was...
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 105
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 58
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21