High school sports: 26 athletes to watch in 2013-14
August has arrived, and soon thousands of high school athletes across the state of Utah will be representing their respective teams on the field of play.
Whether it's football or soccer in the fall, basketball or wrestling in the winter or track or softball in the spring, and all sports in between, there are plenty of top-flight talents who compete at Utah high schools all season long.
From up-and-coming sophomores to standout seniors, high school athletes display some of the best attributes of sports: heart, passion and determination.
Who are some of the top talents to pay attention to during the 2013-14 season?
Here's a look at 26 athletes to keep an eye on:
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 77
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 43
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 28
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26