5 storylines to watch at Utah State football fall camp
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Here are five storylines to watch at fall camp in Logan:
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 107
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 83
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- Utes fill three future football... 43
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 28