5 storylines to watch at Utah State football fall camp
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Here are five storylines to watch at fall camp in Logan:
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26