5 storylines to watch at Utah State football fall camp
After an offseason full of change, Utah State football finally laces up the cleats and begins fall camp on Friday afternoon. Gone is former head coach Gary Andersen and gone is the affiliation with the Western Athletic Conference.
New head coach Matt Wells will now lead the charge as the Aggies try to duplicate the magic from last season that led to an 11-2 record and Top 20 end-of-season ranking, all while trying to do it against a difficult Mountain West schedule. The Aggies will have expectations to meet, having been picked second in the Mountain division behind Boise State in their inaugural year, and receiving votes in the USA Today Top 25 coaches poll preseason for the first time in school history.
Here are five storylines to watch at fall camp in Logan:
Kraig Williams is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be followed on Twitter @DesNewsKraig.
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists to...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who went...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 50
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 30
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24