BYU football: Top 10 position battles entering fall camp
PROVO — Position battles routinely make headlines at college football fall camps around the country. At BYU, there are at least 10 such battles making headlines heading into the Cougars' fall practice sessions, which begin this Saturday.
The good news for the team is that the starting quarterback position was decided last spring. Taysom Hill has the reigns and looks to be a signal-caller BYU fans can completely get behind given his tremendous upside and intriguing skill set.
Most skill positions on offense also appear to be set entering fall camp, led by the return of last year’s leading receiver, Cody Hoffman. Running back is well-stocked with returning starters Jamaal Williams and Michael Alisa. Kaneakua Friel returns as the starter at tight end.
Most of the question marks on offense are along the offensive front, which struggled mightily last season.
On defense, outside linebacker and safety look as strong as ever, but questions remain along the defensive front and at one cornerback position.
Other storylines are sure to crop up as the practice sessions wear on, but until further notice here are the top 10 position battles entering fall practices.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 138
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 105
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 105
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 81
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 53
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30