BYU football: Top 10 position battles entering fall camp
PROVO — Position battles routinely make headlines at college football fall camps around the country. At BYU, there are at least 10 such battles making headlines heading into the Cougars' fall practice sessions, which begin this Saturday.
The good news for the team is that the starting quarterback position was decided last spring. Taysom Hill has the reigns and looks to be a signal-caller BYU fans can completely get behind given his tremendous upside and intriguing skill set.
Most skill positions on offense also appear to be set entering fall camp, led by the return of last year’s leading receiver, Cody Hoffman. Running back is well-stocked with returning starters Jamaal Williams and Michael Alisa. Kaneakua Friel returns as the starter at tight end.
Most of the question marks on offense are along the offensive front, which struggled mightily last season.
On defense, outside linebacker and safety look as strong as ever, but questions remain along the defensive front and at one cornerback position.
Other storylines are sure to crop up as the practice sessions wear on, but until further notice here are the top 10 position battles entering fall practices.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 222
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 71
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22
- Dick Harmon: Onus is on Fredette to... 21