Pope quotes: Top 10 Pope Francis quotations from Brazil trip
»10 items «
Pope Francis capped his weeklong visit to Brazil for World Youth Day by holding a mass Sunday on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro that an estimated 3 million people attended. Later in the day, be boarded a plane to return home to Rome. “By various measures, Francis’s first international trip since he was named pope this year was a success,” Simon Romero reported in Monday’s New York Times. “The 76-year-old Argentine, a Jesuit who is the first pope from the Americas, was greeted like a rock star by attendees to a conference of Catholic youth. He urged people to combat corruption, a top grievance in the protests shaking Brazil, and called on bishops to focus on the pragmatic needs of congregants, shifting emphasis from the abuse scandals that have plagued the Vatican for years.” Throughout the week, Francis made several public appearances every day. Some of his remarks focused specifically on the Catholic Church. However, the significant portion of his comments are also very applicable to a broader Christian audience; here are 10 such quotations.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 59
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 18
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 7
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7