Pope quotes: Top 10 Pope Francis quotations from Brazil trip
»10 items «
Pope Francis capped his weeklong visit to Brazil for World Youth Day by holding a mass Sunday on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro that an estimated 3 million people attended. Later in the day, be boarded a plane to return home to Rome. “By various measures, Francis’s first international trip since he was named pope this year was a success,” Simon Romero reported in Monday’s New York Times. “The 76-year-old Argentine, a Jesuit who is the first pope from the Americas, was greeted like a rock star by attendees to a conference of Catholic youth. He urged people to combat corruption, a top grievance in the protests shaking Brazil, and called on bishops to focus on the pragmatic needs of congregants, shifting emphasis from the abuse scandals that have plagued the Vatican for years.” Throughout the week, Francis made several public appearances every day. Some of his remarks focused specifically on the Catholic Church. However, the significant portion of his comments are also very applicable to a broader Christian audience; here are 10 such quotations.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Nike designing a shoe...
- The Book of Mormon is a 'miraculous miracle,'...
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- Teen charged as adult with murdering 2 in...
- Lessons learned from 1996 season still ring...
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback? Hill?...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Did Trump really just become a... 38
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 23
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 15
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- Evangelist Franklin Graham just issued... 12
- Defending the Faith: 2 ways of taking... 9
- U.S. government: Visitors to national... 7