Pope quotes: Top 10 Pope Francis quotations from Brazil trip
»10 items «
Pope Francis capped his weeklong visit to Brazil for World Youth Day by holding a mass Sunday on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro that an estimated 3 million people attended. Later in the day, be boarded a plane to return home to Rome. “By various measures, Francis’s first international trip since he was named pope this year was a success,” Simon Romero reported in Monday’s New York Times. “The 76-year-old Argentine, a Jesuit who is the first pope from the Americas, was greeted like a rock star by attendees to a conference of Catholic youth. He urged people to combat corruption, a top grievance in the protests shaking Brazil, and called on bishops to focus on the pragmatic needs of congregants, shifting emphasis from the abuse scandals that have plagued the Vatican for years.” Throughout the week, Francis made several public appearances every day. Some of his remarks focused specifically on the Catholic Church. However, the significant portion of his comments are also very applicable to a broader Christian audience; here are 10 such quotations.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- New temple presidents
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- New mission presidents
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title outright
- Defending the Faith: Book of Mormon... 56
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 37
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 16
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer,... 12
- Hruska's Kolaches: BYU alumni introduce... 9
- 'An answer to many prayers': Hong Kong... 6
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to... 5