Pope quotes: Top 10 Pope Francis quotations from Brazil trip
»10 items «
Pope Francis capped his weeklong visit to Brazil for World Youth Day by holding a mass Sunday on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro that an estimated 3 million people attended. Later in the day, be boarded a plane to return home to Rome. “By various measures, Francis’s first international trip since he was named pope this year was a success,” Simon Romero reported in Monday’s New York Times. “The 76-year-old Argentine, a Jesuit who is the first pope from the Americas, was greeted like a rock star by attendees to a conference of Catholic youth. He urged people to combat corruption, a top grievance in the protests shaking Brazil, and called on bishops to focus on the pragmatic needs of congregants, shifting emphasis from the abuse scandals that have plagued the Vatican for years.” Throughout the week, Francis made several public appearances every day. Some of his remarks focused specifically on the Catholic Church. However, the significant portion of his comments are also very applicable to a broader Christian audience; here are 10 such quotations.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- New MTC presidents
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 24
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- A 4-part definition for evangelical... 6
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 5
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 4
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4