How much do you know about student debt?
False ... basically »20 of 20 «
In 1976, Congress amended the Higher Education Act, banning federal student loans from being discharged when a person files for bankruptcy. In 2005, private student loans were banned as well. On rare occasions, student loans are dismissed if the person filing for bankruptcy can prove "undue hardship."
»20 of 20 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 37
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 23