How much do you know about student debt?
False ... basically »20 of 20 «
In 1976, Congress amended the Higher Education Act, banning federal student loans from being discharged when a person files for bankruptcy. In 2005, private student loans were banned as well. On rare occasions, student loans are dismissed if the person filing for bankruptcy can prove "undue hardship."
»20 of 20 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32