How much do you know about student debt?
False ... basically »20 of 20 «
In 1976, Congress amended the Higher Education Act, banning federal student loans from being discharged when a person files for bankruptcy. In 2005, private student loans were banned as well. On rare occasions, student loans are dismissed if the person filing for bankruptcy can prove "undue hardship."
»20 of 20 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Many questions remain in case of baby found...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 33
- Letter: Society puzzles 32
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 31