Top 10 LDS ‘Intellectuals’
#4 - Sterling M. McMurrin »7 of 10 «
Sterling McMurrin (1914-1996) – Sterling McMurrin was personal friends with the LDS Prophet David O. Mckay. Yet, to some members of the church McMurrin was a controversial figure due to his unorthodox opinions. Nonetheless, few doubt Sterling McMurrin’s intellectual prowess. McMurrin earned a B.A. and M.A. from the University of Utah and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Southern California. While a faculty member at the University of Utah, McMurrin was asked to be the United States Commissioner of Education under President John F. Kennedy. His book “The Theological Foundations of the Mormon Religion” is still considered an important treatise on Mormon theology.
»7 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn, 30-13,...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
Most Commented Across Site
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Mike Sorensen: Pac-12 lays an egg in... 63
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 62
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Investigation: Secret Service tried to... 52