Commentary: Ranking the best mustaches in BYU football history
Editor's note: The introduction to this list was written by Landon Hemsley, and the list itself was created by Ryan Forsgren of Boise.
The BYU Honor Code requires students to adhere to dress and grooming standards consistent with the values adopted by the university and its owning institution, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Among those values are honesty, chastity, virtue, obedience and cleanliness in body, mind and appearance.
Cleanliness in appearance is the subject of this piece.
Quoting directly from BYU's Honor Code, "Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extreme styles or colors, and trimmed above the collar, leaving the ear uncovered. Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe or onto the cheek. If worn, moustaches should be neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of the mouth. Men are expected to be clean-shaven; beards are not acceptable."
While students at BYU are clearly prohibited from growing a beard, there's nothing forbidding a classy mustache.
Ryan Forsgren of Boise went back through BYU football history and found the greatest mustaches of all time. Though not many current Cougars sport a ’stache, over the years, there have really been some good ones.
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over faith;...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48