Commentary: Ranking the best mustaches in BYU football history
Editor's note: The introduction to this list was written by Landon Hemsley, and the list itself was created by Ryan Forsgren of Boise.
The BYU Honor Code requires students to adhere to dress and grooming standards consistent with the values adopted by the university and its owning institution, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Among those values are honesty, chastity, virtue, obedience and cleanliness in body, mind and appearance.
Cleanliness in appearance is the subject of this piece.
Quoting directly from BYU's Honor Code, "Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extreme styles or colors, and trimmed above the collar, leaving the ear uncovered. Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe or onto the cheek. If worn, moustaches should be neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of the mouth. Men are expected to be clean-shaven; beards are not acceptable."
While students at BYU are clearly prohibited from growing a beard, there's nothing forbidding a classy mustache.
Ryan Forsgren of Boise went back through BYU football history and found the greatest mustaches of all time. Though not many current Cougars sport a ’stache, over the years, there have really been some good ones.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 219
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 70
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27