Check out 55 of the most amazing floats from past Days of '47 parades
»55 items «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The Days of '47 Parade is one of the oldest parades in the U.S., and on Wednesday July 24, people from all over the state, nation and world will gather in Salt Lake to celebrate the 1847 arrival of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley, as well as the modern pioneers of today. On Monday and Tuesday, July 22 and 23, parade enthusiasts will be able to get a sneak peek at the 2013 floats at the Float Preview Party in Sandy. The Days of '47 parade has featured some amazing floats in its history, and in honor of the work that goes into their creation, here's a look back at 10 years worth of these drivable works of art. >> See more: Family-friendly Pioneer Day celebrations planned across the state
»55 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 26
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 13