Check out 55 of the most amazing floats from past Days of '47 parades
»55 items «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The Days of '47 Parade is one of the oldest parades in the U.S., and on Wednesday July 24, people from all over the state, nation and world will gather in Salt Lake to celebrate the 1847 arrival of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley, as well as the modern pioneers of today. On Monday and Tuesday, July 22 and 23, parade enthusiasts will be able to get a sneak peek at the 2013 floats at the Float Preview Party in Sandy. The Days of '47 parade has featured some amazing floats in its history, and in honor of the work that goes into their creation, here's a look back at 10 years worth of these drivable works of art. >> See more: Family-friendly Pioneer Day celebrations planned across the state
»55 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18