Check out 55 of the most amazing floats from past Days of '47 parades
»55 items «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The Days of '47 Parade is one of the oldest parades in the U.S., and on Wednesday July 24, people from all over the state, nation and world will gather in Salt Lake to celebrate the 1847 arrival of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley, as well as the modern pioneers of today. On Monday and Tuesday, July 22 and 23, parade enthusiasts will be able to get a sneak peek at the 2013 floats at the Float Preview Party in Sandy. The Days of '47 parade has featured some amazing floats in its history, and in honor of the work that goes into their creation, here's a look back at 10 years worth of these drivable works of art. >> See more: Family-friendly Pioneer Day celebrations planned across the state
»55 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Nepal quake: Nearly 1,400 dead, history...
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15