Check out 55 of the most amazing floats from past Days of '47 parades
»55 items «
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The Days of '47 Parade is one of the oldest parades in the U.S., and on Wednesday July 24, people from all over the state, nation and world will gather in Salt Lake to celebrate the 1847 arrival of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley, as well as the modern pioneers of today. On Monday and Tuesday, July 22 and 23, parade enthusiasts will be able to get a sneak peek at the 2013 floats at the Float Preview Party in Sandy. The Days of '47 parade has featured some amazing floats in its history, and in honor of the work that goes into their creation, here's a look back at 10 years worth of these drivable works of art. >> See more: Family-friendly Pioneer Day celebrations planned across the state
»55 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who went...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 99
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 52
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 33
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 26
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24