15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Save some power »15 of 15 «
The average American has dozens of appliances in the home that generate heat. Turn off the ones you can, such as a computer, and do your best to save energy on the ones you can’t, like the refrigerator. By keeping the refrigerator door closed, for example, it will take less energy to keep the fridge cool because less cold air is escaping.
»15 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- Constantly changing online prices stump... 1
- Questions and answers about traveling... 1
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a... 1
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply 1
- 15 things other than salary to consider... 1