15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Save some power »15 of 15 «
The average American has dozens of appliances in the home that generate heat. Turn off the ones you can, such as a computer, and do your best to save energy on the ones you can’t, like the refrigerator. By keeping the refrigerator door closed, for example, it will take less energy to keep the fridge cool because less cold air is escaping.
»15 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Couple money woes: When one partner is... 5
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 4
- Record crowds over weekend, but... 2
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2