15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Save some power »15 of 15 «
The average American has dozens of appliances in the home that generate heat. Turn off the ones you can, such as a computer, and do your best to save energy on the ones you can’t, like the refrigerator. By keeping the refrigerator door closed, for example, it will take less energy to keep the fridge cool because less cold air is escaping.
»15 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: How to think... 3
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 1