15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Throw in the towel »1 of 15 «
Hang a damp towel in your window, preferably light-colored. Check the towel every so often, periodically wetting it again with cold water. The evaporating water will cool the incoming breeze. Complement this by running a ceiling fan counter-clockwise to keep the cool air circulating.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- 10 things to know about corporate... 11
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- All aboard: How to win the budget... 3
- 15 actions families are taking today to... 3