15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Throw in the towel »1 of 15 «
Hang a damp towel in your window, preferably light-colored. Check the towel every so often, periodically wetting it again with cold water. The evaporating water will cool the incoming breeze. Complement this by running a ceiling fan counter-clockwise to keep the cool air circulating.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2