15 cheap ways to beat the heat
Throw in the towel »1 of 15 «
Hang a damp towel in your window, preferably light-colored. Check the towel every so often, periodically wetting it again with cold water. The evaporating water will cool the incoming breeze. Complement this by running a ceiling fan counter-clockwise to keep the cool air circulating.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New temple presidents
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- Are schools preparing students for the... 15
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Millennials are more depressed than... 2
- Loans, taxes, regulations on small... 1