Getting to 10: What BYU, Utah and Utah State must do to win 10 games this fall
From coaching changes to player adjustments to psychological moves, the collection of thousands of small decisions — both on and off the playing field — can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
Between 2004 to 2012, the state of Utah has enjoyed some of the best football decision-making in America. Among all three of Utah's FBS programs, football fans in the Beehive State have been treated to more than 10 10-win seasons since 2004 — a remarkable feat by any measure.
However, with Utah's ascension to the Pac-12, BYU's venture to independence, and USU's entrance into the Mountain West, getting to that 10-win mark has become considerably tougher.
This fall, BYU, Utah and Utah State fans hope their respective teams can return to the 10-win club, but it will be anything but easy. BYU and Utah arguably are facing their most difficult schedules in history, and Utah State's slate of opponents is considerably more difficult as well.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45