Getting to 10: What BYU, Utah and Utah State must do to win 10 games this fall
From coaching changes to player adjustments to psychological moves, the collection of thousands of small decisions — both on and off the playing field — can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
Between 2004 to 2012, the state of Utah has enjoyed some of the best football decision-making in America. Among all three of Utah's FBS programs, football fans in the Beehive State have been treated to more than 10 10-win seasons since 2004 — a remarkable feat by any measure.
However, with Utah's ascension to the Pac-12, BYU's venture to independence, and USU's entrance into the Mountain West, getting to that 10-win mark has become considerably tougher.
This fall, BYU, Utah and Utah State fans hope their respective teams can return to the 10-win club, but it will be anything but easy. BYU and Utah arguably are facing their most difficult schedules in history, and Utah State's slate of opponents is considerably more difficult as well.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42