Commentary: The 15 best rushers in BYU history
#14 - Steve Young »2 of 15 «
Years at BYU: 1980-83
Young was runner-up for the Heisman trophy his senior year at BYU. One of the reasons he was so close to winning was his ability to make plays with his legs.
During Young’s three years on the field, he rushed for almost 1,100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Not bad considering sacks count against your rushing yards.
"Steve Young brought a different elect to BYU's offense," said former BYU running back Alema Harrington on 1280 the Zone.
"They were able to see the potential in Steve Young who now is obviously an NFL hall of famer, that his potential was through the roof if they allowed him to do what he did best which is to be an elusive scramble type of quarterback."
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Herriman man dies following fistfight with...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 26
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25