Commentary: The 15 best rushers in BYU history
#14 - Steve Young »2 of 15 «
Years at BYU: 1980-83
Young was runner-up for the Heisman trophy his senior year at BYU. One of the reasons he was so close to winning was his ability to make plays with his legs.
During Young’s three years on the field, he rushed for almost 1,100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Not bad considering sacks count against your rushing yards.
"Steve Young brought a different elect to BYU's offense," said former BYU running back Alema Harrington on 1280 the Zone.
"They were able to see the potential in Steve Young who now is obviously an NFL hall of famer, that his potential was through the roof if they allowed him to do what he did best which is to be an elusive scramble type of quarterback."
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 32
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28