Commentary: The 15 best rushers in BYU history
#14 - Steve Young »2 of 15 «
Years at BYU: 1980-83
Young was runner-up for the Heisman trophy his senior year at BYU. One of the reasons he was so close to winning was his ability to make plays with his legs.
During Young’s three years on the field, he rushed for almost 1,100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Not bad considering sacks count against your rushing yards.
"Steve Young brought a different elect to BYU's offense," said former BYU running back Alema Harrington on 1280 the Zone.
"They were able to see the potential in Steve Young who now is obviously an NFL hall of famer, that his potential was through the roof if they allowed him to do what he did best which is to be an elusive scramble type of quarterback."
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Kate Kelly steps down from Ordain Women...
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with the...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 94
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 25
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 23