Commentary: The 15 best rushers in BYU history
#14 - Steve Young »2 of 15 «
Years at BYU: 1980-83
Young was runner-up for the Heisman trophy his senior year at BYU. One of the reasons he was so close to winning was his ability to make plays with his legs.
During Young’s three years on the field, he rushed for almost 1,100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Not bad considering sacks count against your rushing yards.
"Steve Young brought a different elect to BYU's offense," said former BYU running back Alema Harrington on 1280 the Zone.
"They were able to see the potential in Steve Young who now is obviously an NFL hall of famer, that his potential was through the roof if they allowed him to do what he did best which is to be an elusive scramble type of quarterback."
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Lindsey Stirling responds to modesty...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: A Mormon, a Muslim and a...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball tournament
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 113
- Mike Sorensen: Utah, BYU not getting a... 86
- Guest commentary: Want national... 66
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 42
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 37
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 18
- Dick Harmon: Who's going to follow... 17