Commentary: The 15 best rushers in BYU history
#14 - Steve Young »2 of 15 «
Years at BYU: 1980-83
Young was runner-up for the Heisman trophy his senior year at BYU. One of the reasons he was so close to winning was his ability to make plays with his legs.
During Young’s three years on the field, he rushed for almost 1,100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Not bad considering sacks count against your rushing yards.
"Steve Young brought a different elect to BYU's offense," said former BYU running back Alema Harrington on 1280 the Zone.
"They were able to see the potential in Steve Young who now is obviously an NFL hall of famer, that his potential was through the roof if they allowed him to do what he did best which is to be an elusive scramble type of quarterback."
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in hot car,...
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33...
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan...
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during...
- The pro-life plan that could reverse recent...
- 2016 Seminar for New Mission Presidents:...
- About Utah: Ryan Tibbitts: A man who glued...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 105
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14