Countries that offer free higher education
With rising tuition costs, some states such as Oregon, Washington and California have begun experimenting with how they fund public universities.
Oregon in particular has recently made headlines for a new proposal to wave tuition fees in favor of a 20 year post-graduation payment plan.
They aren't the first to experiment tuition free education, however. Many countries, particularly in Europe, subsidize higher education, allowing them to wave tuition fees.
Here's a list of 10 countries known for offering a free college education.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 86
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 4
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 1