Politicians react to the Senate passing the immigration bill
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill’s major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- In a U.S. divided on gun control,... 8