Politicians react to the Senate passing the immigration bill
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill’s major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 57
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 49
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 34
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Hundreds rally against Indiana law, say... 22
- Indiana lawmakers try to quiet... 17