Politicians react to the Senate passing the immigration bill
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill’s major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- New mission presidents
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 56
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 44
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 31
- Letter: Overturned cases 30
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 24
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 24
- Letter: No humane way to kill 21
- Dan Liljenquist: No vetting, no... 20