The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
#93 - Ronald Reagan -- Brandenburg Gate address »6 of 98 «
Delivered June 12, 1987, in West Berlin
"There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.
General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate.
Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate.
Mr. Gorbachev — Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
»6 of 98 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 102
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 62
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 35