The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
#98 - Joseph N. Welch -- "Have You No Sense of Decency" »1 of 98 «
Delivered June 9, 1954, during the Army-McCarthy Hearings in Washington, D.C.
"You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"
»1 of 98 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists to...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 44
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 25