The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- New mission presidents
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 30
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28