The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 94
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- In our opinion: How committed are... 22
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 18