The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it'... 38
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 28
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Who was the most narcissistic president? 26
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic... 25