The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- Letter: Acting presidential 24
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22