The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- My view: It is trendy to be extreme in... 47
- Drew Clark: Uniting the Republican... 46
- In our opinion: Why Religious Freedom... 37
- Letter: Obama had no choice 35
- Letter: Breaking rivalry contract 29
- Mia Love: One subject at a time 28
- In our opinion: Time for Evans to drop... 20
- Where's my money going? 20