The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century
From wars to civil rights, this list looks back at the most significant American political speeches of the 20th century, many of them coming at the times of greatest trial.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, and Kennedy is no stranger to this list, placing six speeches in the top 50 and two in the top 10.
In the spirit of remembering this solemn anniversary, this list highlights some of Kennedy's most impactful speeches.
The list was originally compiled by American Rhetoric.
- New temple presidents
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- Police identify longboarder shot in possible...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11