16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
Most Commented Across Site
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 49
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37