16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
Most Commented Across Site
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 69
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 50