16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars crush Long...
- Utah football tragedy featured in excerpt of...
- Police: Amber Alert issued in abduction of 2...
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential choices,...
- New temple presidents
- Gov. Gary Herbert's 'big change' over Common...
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't that...
- Marvel movie cheat-sheet: Catch up for...
Most Commented Across Site
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 93
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican... 82
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 78
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59