16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
Most Commented Across Site
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 78
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59