16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;...
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul Neto...
- Jazz fan favorite Jeremy Evans' era in Utah...
- Tabernacle Choir opens New York Yankees game...
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Hatfield suspended from U. football program...
Most Commented Across Site
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 107
- Bakery ordered to pay $135,000 for... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 50
- Letter: Federal law violated 50
- Letter: Religion in office 48