16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Rose excited for near future stability,...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- New temple presidents
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer, conversion,...
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call for...
Most Commented Across Site
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 53
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52