16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- Proposed porn crisis resolution getting...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah and USU...
Most Commented Across Site
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Morning links: BYU-Utah bowl matchup... 85
- Doug Robinson: Think Utah is BYU's 'big... 82
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 82
- Wright Words: Why I'm not forcing my... 79
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 79
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72