16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
Most Commented Across Site
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 110
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 66
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 59
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 56
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 49
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47