16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
Most Commented Across Site
- Letter: Reducing mass violence 72
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 65
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 52