16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
Most Commented Across Site
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 129
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 79
- 'They killed my son because he's... 78
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66