16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- New temple presidents
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
Most Commented Across Site
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 170
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 126
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 75
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43