16 LDS-related magazine covers
#13 - Arthur Vivian Watkins »4 of 16 «
Courtesy of Time Magazine
Arthur Vivian Watkins: Watkins born in Midway, Utah attended Brigham Young University, New York University, and Columbia University Law School. He was elected to the Senate in 1946 and served until 1959. He was featured on Time Magazine for chairing the Watkins Committee, which was set up in 1954 to interrogate Joseph McCarthy. The committee ultimately recommended a censor of the Wisconsin Senator. Watkins also served as an LDS stake president for 16 years.
»4 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church responds to 'misinformation' about...
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Amy Adams, Glenn Beck present different takes...
- My husband Alex Boye grilled in UK for 'I'm a...
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
Most Commented Across Site
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 168
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 69
- My husband Alex Boye grilled in UK for... 62
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 60
- Amy Adams, Glenn Beck present different... 59
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 56
- Holding offers from Utah, USU, American... 48
- Survey: Gay and lesbian population has... 45