Class of 2013: Utah high school athletes with college scholarships
In the American athletic and education world, college scholarships are the name of the game. Not only do scholarships provide collegiate athletes with a way to pay for an education, but they serve as a gateway to a career as a professional athlete in some cases.
After contacting coaches, athletic directors and principals from every high school in Utah, the Deseret News put together the following list of the estimated 631 seniors from the 2013 graduating class who received an athletic and/or academic scholarship to play college sports.
This list is arranged in alphabetical order by school, irrespective of division, region or classification.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26