20 most uplifting news photos of the week. 6/7/13
»20 of 20 «
(AP Photo/Ben Curtis)
Two-month-old orphaned baby elephant Ajabu is given a dust-bath in the red earth after being fed milk from a bottle by a keeper, as she is too young to do it herself, at an event to mark World Environment Day at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya, Wednesday, June 5, 2013. Trust founder Daphne Sheldrick said at the event, which was attended by U.S. Ambassador to Kenya Robert Godec, that they are seeing an upsurge in orphaned elephants because of the poaching crisis occurring across Africa.
»20 of 20 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 60
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments... 52
- Religious schools and universities on... 46
- White House lit in rainbow colors after... 33
- Woman removes Confederate flag in front... 25
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired 24
- Obama delivers unvarnished race lecture... 15
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13