Ute football: Top 10 important summertime commits during the Kyle Whittingham era
Although the actual season doesn't begin until the fall, summer is an important time for college football recruiters. With camp season hitting full swing in June, summer is a time when recruits can earn offers and solidify their college plans before the start of their senior seasons, which is an attractive option to many.
Most of the University of Utah’s highest-profile recruits don’t commit until the weeks leading up to signing day in February. However, summertime commits have been an important part of the Utah football program under Kyle Whittingham. Here are 10 notable recruits during the Whittingham era that committed to the Utes in the summer.
Dan Sorensen is the Editor in Chief of UteZone.com, part of the Rivals.com network. He is a member of the Football Writers Association of America and Basketball Writers Association of America. Dan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Utah native served with main character in...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43