BYU football: Top 10 BYU commits from June camps during the Bronco Mendenhall era
PROVO — It's no secret to those who follow BYU football recruiting that the team does most of its work during the month of June. Nine prospects committed during or shortly after camps concluded in the summer last year, and eight of the eventual 18 signees in 2012 committed during the same period the year before.
A lot of evaluation will again occur this June, with coaches holding an invitation-only junior day camp this coming Friday, which will be followed by two weeks of camps to conclude the month. BYU is limited in offers this year and will likely sign just 13-15 players for 2014, according to sources. If history holds, fans can expect a good portion of those eventual signees to commit during the next month.
Here's a look at 10 of the top commits BYU has secured during or shortly after the June camp period since Bronco Mendenhall became head coach. Not all of these players were highly recruiting when they committed, but all have gone on to contribute to the program.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 161
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 111
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29