BYU football: Top 10 BYU commits from June camps during the Bronco Mendenhall era
PROVO — It's no secret to those who follow BYU football recruiting that the team does most of its work during the month of June. Nine prospects committed during or shortly after camps concluded in the summer last year, and eight of the eventual 18 signees in 2012 committed during the same period the year before.
A lot of evaluation will again occur this June, with coaches holding an invitation-only junior day camp this coming Friday, which will be followed by two weeks of camps to conclude the month. BYU is limited in offers this year and will likely sign just 13-15 players for 2014, according to sources. If history holds, fans can expect a good portion of those eventual signees to commit during the next month.
Here's a look at 10 of the top commits BYU has secured during or shortly after the June camp period since Bronco Mendenhall became head coach. Not all of these players were highly recruiting when they committed, but all have gone on to contribute to the program.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19