BYU football: Top 10 BYU commits from June camps during the Bronco Mendenhall era
PROVO — It's no secret to those who follow BYU football recruiting that the team does most of its work during the month of June. Nine prospects committed during or shortly after camps concluded in the summer last year, and eight of the eventual 18 signees in 2012 committed during the same period the year before.
A lot of evaluation will again occur this June, with coaches holding an invitation-only junior day camp this coming Friday, which will be followed by two weeks of camps to conclude the month. BYU is limited in offers this year and will likely sign just 13-15 players for 2014, according to sources. If history holds, fans can expect a good portion of those eventual signees to commit during the next month.
Here's a look at 10 of the top commits BYU has secured during or shortly after the June camp period since Bronco Mendenhall became head coach. Not all of these players were highly recruiting when they committed, but all have gone on to contribute to the program.
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37