Famous leaks, security breaches in U.S. history
Last Friday it was revealed in the Washington Post that the Chinese hacked into crucial U.S. military networks, gaining access to dozens of weapons systems. "This is billions of dollars of combat advantage for China. They've just saved themselves 25 years of research and development. It's nuts," a senior official told the Post.
While certainly troubling, it isn't the first time the U.S. goverment has found itself with a major intelligence leak or security breach. From the Mexican-American war to WikiLeaks, the U.S. has long been dealing with headline-grabbing intelligence leaks.
Here is a list of 15 of the most famous security leaks/breaches in history.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21