Brigham Young, urban planning and the 'City of Zion' plat
Tooele, 1849 »2 of 12 «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
In 1849, Brigham Young directed the settlement of Utah Valley, Sanpete Valley and Tooele Valley, Leonard J. Arrington wrote in "Brigham Young: American Moses." Tooele County, originally known as "Tuilla," according to pioneer.utah.gov, was one of six counties created in January 1850. Settlers herded livestock in the area before a permanent settlement began in 1849.
»2 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 12
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10