Brigham Young, urban planning and the 'City of Zion' plat
Tooele, 1849 »2 of 12 «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
In 1849, Brigham Young directed the settlement of Utah Valley, Sanpete Valley and Tooele Valley, Leonard J. Arrington wrote in "Brigham Young: American Moses." Tooele County, originally known as "Tuilla," according to pioneer.utah.gov, was one of six counties created in January 1850. Settlers herded livestock in the area before a permanent settlement began in 1849.
»2 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon,... 22
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Clinton pitches new gun controls... 16
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Mental health vs. gun control: The... 15