Brigham Young, urban planning and the 'City of Zion' plat
Tooele, 1849 »2 of 12 «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
In 1849, Brigham Young directed the settlement of Utah Valley, Sanpete Valley and Tooele Valley, Leonard J. Arrington wrote in "Brigham Young: American Moses." Tooele County, originally known as "Tuilla," according to pioneer.utah.gov, was one of six counties created in January 1850. Settlers herded livestock in the area before a permanent settlement began in 1849.
»2 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than...
- Family of scholars: Utah family celebrates...
- LDS family stars in new TLC show, stresses...
- General manager Dennis Lindsey feels Utah...
- Gordon Hayward turns down offer to play in...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- BYU alum Rob Gardner, Cinematic Pop featured...
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 70
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 70
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Dems stage election-year sit-in on... 46
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Democrats end 25-hour plus protest to... 30
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29