It ain't over 'till it's over: Political comebacks from recent history
»7 items «
With Anthony Weiner officially announcing his run for New York City mayor, one has to wonder if the man can overcome his 2011 scandal when as a House representative he resigned after photos and information were released detailing his extramarital affairs. But while a Weiner comeback has been doubted in some circles, he certainly wouldn’t be the first American politician to come roaring back from a scandal. Here’s a look back at some of the biggest political comebacks from recent history.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32