Top 65 colleges with the highest ROI
Once again, Payscale has released their annual report ranking colleges based on their return on investment, and once again technical schools and private liberal arts colleges came out on top, for the most part.
There were, however, some major changes to this year's list. According to their website, Payscale has "refined" their methodology to more accurately reflect the ROI potential of a given school.
The most significant change from last year's metric being the switch from tracking the 30-year Net ROI to the 20-year.
Why the change? According to Payscale, income increases largely level off at age 40, and since most students graduate at or around 20 they decided including the extra 10 years in their Net ROI report wasn't necessary.
Because of this some school's saw dramatic changes in their positioning. Brigham Young University, for example, experienced a shift of almost 20 points based on the new metrics.
In fact, BYU is the highest ranking Utah school on the list, coming in at no. 65. Weber State is the second highest, at no. 195. University of Utah, Utah State, Westminster and Southern Utah University were all also ranked, coming in at 204, 215, 552 and 829 respectively.
So which colleges have a better ROI than BYU? You might be surprised by who is, and isn't, included in the top 65.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- New mission presidents
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 5
- US home sales bounced back in March,... 1
- Balancing act: Son's comment teaches a... 1
- Why college matters more today than 20... 1