Top 65 colleges with the highest ROI
Once again, Payscale has released their annual report ranking colleges based on their return on investment, and once again technical schools and private liberal arts colleges came out on top, for the most part.
There were, however, some major changes to this year's list. According to their website, Payscale has "refined" their methodology to more accurately reflect the ROI potential of a given school.
The most significant change from last year's metric being the switch from tracking the 30-year Net ROI to the 20-year.
Why the change? According to Payscale, income increases largely level off at age 40, and since most students graduate at or around 20 they decided including the extra 10 years in their Net ROI report wasn't necessary.
Because of this some school's saw dramatic changes in their positioning. Brigham Young University, for example, experienced a shift of almost 20 points based on the new metrics.
In fact, BYU is the highest ranking Utah school on the list, coming in at no. 65. Weber State is the second highest, at no. 195. University of Utah, Utah State, Westminster and Southern Utah University were all also ranked, coming in at 204, 215, 552 and 829 respectively.
So which colleges have a better ROI than BYU? You might be surprised by who is, and isn't, included in the top 65.
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,... 1