Potential al-Qaida leaders after Osama bin Laden's death
»8 items «
Though the death of Osama bin-Laden is a key victory for the United States, al-Qaida still remains. "[Bin-Laden's] death does not mark the end of our effort," said President Obama in his address on May, 1. "There's no doubt that al-Qaida will continue to pursue attacks against us." The vacancy among al-Qaida's ranks leaves the question of who will be the next name American's will be concerned about. There are many prominent al-Qaida officials who may take the fallen leader's place. The following is a list of well-known members of al-Qaida who could be potential candidates.
»8 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Abortion supporters get help from... 20
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 19
- Job insecurity is the new normal.... 18
- The lie behind the idea that ‘sex... 15
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 12
- Sanders rallies supporters in... 11
- Clinton charity donors surge amid... 11