10 states with the lowest amount of gun violence
The Center for American Progress recently released an analysis of gun violence in all 50 states.
Here is a list of the 10 states with the lowest levels of gun violence.
Each state was rated on 10 different indicators:
1. Overall firearm deaths in 2010
2. Overall firearm deaths from 2001 through 2010
3. Firearm homicides in 2010
4. Firearm suicides in 2010
5. Firearm homicides among women from 2001 through 2010
6. Firearm deaths among children ages 0 to 17, from 2001 through 2010
7. Law-enforcement agents feloniously killed with a firearm from 2002 through 2011
8. Aggravated assaults with a firearm in 2011
9. Crime-gun export rates in 2009
10. Percentage of crime guns with a short “time to crime” in 2009
The report analyzes data gathered from the National Center for Injury Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
This list includes an average state score and four of the indicators from the above list.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 49
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- My view: A global warming solution to... 30