10 states with the lowest amount of gun violence
The Center for American Progress recently released an analysis of gun violence in all 50 states.
Here is a list of the 10 states with the lowest levels of gun violence.
Each state was rated on 10 different indicators:
1. Overall firearm deaths in 2010
2. Overall firearm deaths from 2001 through 2010
3. Firearm homicides in 2010
4. Firearm suicides in 2010
5. Firearm homicides among women from 2001 through 2010
6. Firearm deaths among children ages 0 to 17, from 2001 through 2010
7. Law-enforcement agents feloniously killed with a firearm from 2002 through 2011
8. Aggravated assaults with a firearm in 2011
9. Crime-gun export rates in 2009
10. Percentage of crime guns with a short “time to crime” in 2009
The report analyzes data gathered from the National Center for Injury Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
This list includes an average state score and four of the indicators from the above list.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Bishop Gérald Caussé announced...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah