10 states with the lowest amount of gun violence
The Center for American Progress recently released an analysis of gun violence in all 50 states.
Here is a list of the 10 states with the lowest levels of gun violence.
Each state was rated on 10 different indicators:
1. Overall firearm deaths in 2010
2. Overall firearm deaths from 2001 through 2010
3. Firearm homicides in 2010
4. Firearm suicides in 2010
5. Firearm homicides among women from 2001 through 2010
6. Firearm deaths among children ages 0 to 17, from 2001 through 2010
7. Law-enforcement agents feloniously killed with a firearm from 2002 through 2011
8. Aggravated assaults with a firearm in 2011
9. Crime-gun export rates in 2009
10. Percentage of crime guns with a short “time to crime” in 2009
The report analyzes data gathered from the National Center for Injury Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
This list includes an average state score and four of the indicators from the above list.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Anything for Auni: A community rallies to...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29