10 states with the lowest amount of gun violence
The Center for American Progress recently released an analysis of gun violence in all 50 states.
Here is a list of the 10 states with the lowest levels of gun violence.
Each state was rated on 10 different indicators:
1. Overall firearm deaths in 2010
2. Overall firearm deaths from 2001 through 2010
3. Firearm homicides in 2010
4. Firearm suicides in 2010
5. Firearm homicides among women from 2001 through 2010
6. Firearm deaths among children ages 0 to 17, from 2001 through 2010
7. Law-enforcement agents feloniously killed with a firearm from 2002 through 2011
8. Aggravated assaults with a firearm in 2011
9. Crime-gun export rates in 2009
10. Percentage of crime guns with a short “time to crime” in 2009
The report analyzes data gathered from the National Center for Injury Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
This list includes an average state score and four of the indicators from the above list.
- President Packer was working on upcoming...
- 'A little dating community': Marriages emerge...
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- Morning links: Most excitement for Jazz since...
- Tabernacle Choir joins with band at West...
- A look at the '12 religious freedom...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Exum, Hood, Cooley shine for Jazz in Summer...
- Bakery ordered to pay $135,000 for... 87
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 39
- Ten Commandments decision prompts... 19
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- SF sheriff defends prior release of... 12
- Clinton says she takes a 'backseat to... 11
- South Carolina lawmakers begin debate... 11
- Greeks reject demands for more... 10