Commencement speakers share insights at Utah, LDS colleges and universities
In the past month, graduates from Utah and LDS colleges and universities have listened to commencement speakers ranging from leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the first Iranian in space, from a two-time presidential candidate to a president of a sports apparel brand.
Their counsel to graduates varied, though they usually led to the same point: preparation and proper choices are key to finding success in the future.
The statewide commencement ceremonies will wrap up when Westminster welcomes Sundance Institute founder Robert Redford to its ceremony June 1.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- President Obama to make first trip to... 67
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11