Ute football: Breaking down Utah's post-spring depth chart
The University of Utah football program concluded spring camp in April and released a two-deep depth chart shortly after. Some of the position battles were all but won during the spring, while others may not be as solid as you might think.
The offense shined during most of spring camp. Utah's decision to give quarterback Travis Wilson Pac-12 experience last season, despite suffering hardships at the time, is beginning to look like a wise one. At the running back position this spring, the Utes showed their depth, with James "Bubba" Poole, Lucky Radley and Karl Williams each getting the attention of the coaching staff. The receiving corps is loaded with experience. Kenneth Scott, Dres Anderson and Jake Murphy headline a group of pass catchers on par with the best of the Pac-12.
Most of the questions surrounding Utah's two-deep are about the defense. Who will replace No. 14 overall NFL draft pick Star Lotulelei? Utah's linebacking group has a well-earned reputation for stopping the run, but will it improve this year in stopping the pass as well? Virtually the entire defensive backfield graduated last year; who is likely to replace Reggie Topps, Moe Lee and Ryan Lacy?
Today we go position by position, excluding special teams, and break down the Utes' post-spring camp two-deep depth chart.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 222
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 71
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22
- Dick Harmon: Onus is on Fredette to... 21