Eight former Jazz players that still have something to play for
The Jazz's 2012-13 season is over, but eight former members of the team have seen their respective years extended with other clubs that made the playoffs.
Some of these players have become NBA journeymen since they've left Salt Lake City. Others have not, staying with only one team ever since they've left Utah. All of the players in this year's chase for the NBA championship played in Utah during the last five years, save one.
Three of these players now play for the Atlanta Hawks, though since they left Utah, several of them have played together on teams other than the ones currently signing their paychecks, a testament to the fluidity of NBA rosters year to year. Two former Jazz men play for the Oklahoma City Thunder, one plays for the Denver Nuggets, one for the Chicago Bulls and one for the Brooklyn Nets.
Here's a look at who they are, who they're with, and how they factor into their respective teams' chances in the postseason.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash