A closer look at Ziggy Ansah, Star Lotulelei and 17 other 2013 NFL draft prospects from Utah universities
Kerwynn Williams, Utah State »19 of 19 «
Position: Running back
Height and weight: 5-8, 195
Any doubts as to whether or not Kerwynn Williams would be able to carry the load Robert Turbin and Michael Smith left behind were quickly extinguished. Williams was flat-out electric in 2012.
Williams, the USU all-time leader in all-purpose yards, leaves behind a substantial legacy of his own as an Aggie feature back. If drafted, he will be the third Aggie running back to be drafted in the last two years.
Williams showed well at the NFL Combine with a 4.48 40-yard dash, leaving CBS Sports’ Gil Brandt to describe him as “quick as a hiccup.” NFL scouts will have concerns about his smaller size, coming in at just 5-foot-8, but his varied skill set could make him a sleeper in the later rounds.
“He deserves everything he gets. He’s a talented kid and a better person,” Aggie head coach Matt Wells said. “His skill set is very desirable in the NFL. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He is an excellent blocker and he can even go back and field some kickoffs and punts.”
2012 stats: 1,512 yards rushing, 697 yards receiving. 20 total touchdowns
Career highlights/honors: Won WAC Offensive Player of the Week on Sept. 24. Ran for 235 yards and three touchdowns to be named MVP of the 2012 Famous Idaho Potatoes Bowl. Named honorable mention All-America by SI.com. Set Utah State and WAC marks for all-purpose yards at 6,928. Invited to NFL scouting combine.
»19 of 19 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26