Good deals: 6 places Utah shoppers want to save a buck
J.C. Penney’s CEO Ron Johnson stepped down April 8 after a rocky year and a half tenure, according to CNN.
During his reign as CEO, J.C. Penney shares dropped 50 percent. One of the largest areas of his criticism came from abandoning coupons and sales events, according to an article by Forbes. Coupons are something American shoppers are hungry for.
In 2011, coupon redemption increased 63 percent from 2009. There were 3.3 billion coupons used, according to an article by MSN Money. That number continues to increase.
Couponing sites, like Retail Me Not, forecast company sites that customers are most likely to seek coupons for. These six companies are estimated to have the most sought after coupons in the Salt Lake area for April in 2013, according to Retail Me Not’s past data.
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Uintah County man 'lucky to be alive' after...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 11
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 6
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4