Good deals: 6 places Utah shoppers want to save a buck
J.C. Penney’s CEO Ron Johnson stepped down April 8 after a rocky year and a half tenure, according to CNN.
During his reign as CEO, J.C. Penney shares dropped 50 percent. One of the largest areas of his criticism came from abandoning coupons and sales events, according to an article by Forbes. Coupons are something American shoppers are hungry for.
In 2011, coupon redemption increased 63 percent from 2009. There were 3.3 billion coupons used, according to an article by MSN Money. That number continues to increase.
Couponing sites, like Retail Me Not, forecast company sites that customers are most likely to seek coupons for. These six companies are estimated to have the most sought after coupons in the Salt Lake area for April in 2013, according to Retail Me Not’s past data.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dave Ramsey says: There's no such thing... 12
- Saving just $4 per day can make you a... 11
- Why the 9 to 5 factory work isn't... 10
- Job insecurity is the new normal.... 6
- What consumers need to know about chip... 6
- Is paying for extended warranties worth... 2
- Which Utah city is ranked highest for... 1
- Most children in the world are happy,... 1