BYU football: Top 10 position battles to be continued in August
»10 items «
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU's spring football practice provided a glimpse to where the team is headed collectively — particularly on offense. Many players rose up, others faded, but all will have a chance to compete anew for spots this coming August when fall practices begin. Many positions, such as weakside linebacker (Kyle Van Noy), strong safety (Daniel Sorensen) and the two starting outside receiver spots (Cody Hoffman and Ross Apo), are stocked with returning starters who will almost assuredly reprise their roles. Other starting positions, however, will be battled over intensely this fall. Here's a look at what looks to be the 10 most competitive position battles come fall and the developments at each of those positions coming out of spring.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 19