BYU football: Top 10 position battles to be continued in August
»10 items «
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU's spring football practice provided a glimpse to where the team is headed collectively — particularly on offense. Many players rose up, others faded, but all will have a chance to compete anew for spots this coming August when fall practices begin. Many positions, such as weakside linebacker (Kyle Van Noy), strong safety (Daniel Sorensen) and the two starting outside receiver spots (Cody Hoffman and Ross Apo), are stocked with returning starters who will almost assuredly reprise their roles. Other starting positions, however, will be battled over intensely this fall. Here's a look at what looks to be the 10 most competitive position battles come fall and the developments at each of those positions coming out of spring.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45