BYU football: Top 10 position battles to be continued in August
»10 items «
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU's spring football practice provided a glimpse to where the team is headed collectively — particularly on offense. Many players rose up, others faded, but all will have a chance to compete anew for spots this coming August when fall practices begin. Many positions, such as weakside linebacker (Kyle Van Noy), strong safety (Daniel Sorensen) and the two starting outside receiver spots (Cody Hoffman and Ross Apo), are stocked with returning starters who will almost assuredly reprise their roles. Other starting positions, however, will be battled over intensely this fall. Here's a look at what looks to be the 10 most competitive position battles come fall and the developments at each of those positions coming out of spring.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26