BYU football: Top 10 position battles to be continued in August
»10 items «
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU's spring football practice provided a glimpse to where the team is headed collectively — particularly on offense. Many players rose up, others faded, but all will have a chance to compete anew for spots this coming August when fall practices begin. Many positions, such as weakside linebacker (Kyle Van Noy), strong safety (Daniel Sorensen) and the two starting outside receiver spots (Cody Hoffman and Ross Apo), are stocked with returning starters who will almost assuredly reprise their roles. Other starting positions, however, will be battled over intensely this fall. Here's a look at what looks to be the 10 most competitive position battles come fall and the developments at each of those positions coming out of spring.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- New temple presidents
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 11