Boys high school top track performances, 2013 final listing
The 2013 high school track season came to a close at the state meet last weekend, and what a year it’s been.
Of the 34 total events between boys and girls, 10 overall state records were set this season, including three from Park City’s Ben Saarel by himself.
Three of those records were set this past weekend, with Saarel breaking records in the 800 and 1,600, while Ogden’s Sarah Feeny set a new state record in the 1,600.
With underclassman like Feeny, Lucy Biles, Kaysha Love, Jacopo Spano, Austin Kafentzis and Clay Lambourne returning next year, more records will certainly fall in 2014.
With all the results now in, here's a final updated list of the top 10 performances in each event from the 2013 track & field season. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event. Wind aided times are included.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at email@example.com.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- No playoffs again, but rebuilding Utah Jazz...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 74
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Ute quarterback Chase Hansen finding... 28
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 27
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 23
- Mountain West Conference announces... 19
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17