Boys high school top track performances, 2013 final listing
The 2013 high school track season came to a close at the state meet last weekend, and what a year it’s been.
Of the 34 total events between boys and girls, 10 overall state records were set this season, including three from Park City’s Ben Saarel by himself.
Three of those records were set this past weekend, with Saarel breaking records in the 800 and 1,600, while Ogden’s Sarah Feeny set a new state record in the 1,600.
With underclassman like Feeny, Lucy Biles, Kaysha Love, Jacopo Spano, Austin Kafentzis and Clay Lambourne returning next year, more records will certainly fall in 2014.
With all the results now in, here's a final updated list of the top 10 performances in each event from the 2013 track & field season. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event. Wind aided times are included.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 222
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 74
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 24
- Dick Harmon: Onus is on Fredette to... 22
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22