Boys high school top track performances, 2013 final listing
The 2013 high school track season came to a close at the state meet last weekend, and what a year it’s been.
Of the 34 total events between boys and girls, 10 overall state records were set this season, including three from Park City’s Ben Saarel by himself.
Three of those records were set this past weekend, with Saarel breaking records in the 800 and 1,600, while Ogden’s Sarah Feeny set a new state record in the 1,600.
With underclassman like Feeny, Lucy Biles, Kaysha Love, Jacopo Spano, Austin Kafentzis and Clay Lambourne returning next year, more records will certainly fall in 2014.
With all the results now in, here's a final updated list of the top 10 performances in each event from the 2013 track & field season. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event. Wind aided times are included.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at email@example.com.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28