10 states with the strictest gun laws
For the fifth year in a row, the Brady Campaign has issued a 100-point scorecard ranking all 50 states on the basis of laws that can reduce gun violence, such as background checks on all gun sales, permit-to-purchase requirements and limiting handgun purchases to one a month.
Their report ranks states for laws that were enacted by the end of 2011.
The Brady Campaign is the nation's largest citizens' lobby to prevent gun violence.
Here is the top 10 list of the states with the strictest gun laws.The state constitutional provisions and other state laws are quoted from NRA-ILA.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 35
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 22
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14