Longest winning streaks of all time
The Miami Heat continue to inch closer to the NBA record of 33 straight victories set by the Los Angeles Lakers.
Miami hit the court Sunday to play Charlotte and moved the winning streak to 26 games.
From basketball to badminton, there are plenty of winning streaks that have set high — and likely untouchable — standards.
Whether it's at the high school or professional level, or anywhere in between, these winning streaks span a variety of lengeths and an array of sports. Among some of the most impressive is a Utah connection: Wasatch High School's Cael Sanderson set a standard in college wrestling during his time at Iowa State.
Here's a look at some of the best winning streaks in sports history, as compiled by the Associated Press:
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized