BYU basketball connections to the NIT
Following a six-year stretch where the BYU men's basketball team made the NCAA Tournament, the Cougars are back in the NIT this season.
It's a tournament with which the program enjoys a rich history.
BYU's highlights in NIT play include two championships, tied for the fifth-most in history, trailing St. John's (6), Bradley (4), Dayton (3) and Michigan (3).
The Cougars also own a near-perfect home record in NIT play, having not lost in the Marriott Center in the postseason tournament since 1982.
BYU also boasts an NIT MVP, Roland Minson in 1951, and has had other players, like Dick Nemelka and Fred Roberts, make big contributions during the postseason tourney.
Here's a look back at BYU's history with the NIT.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26