BYU basketball connections to the NIT
Following a six-year stretch where the BYU men's basketball team made the NCAA Tournament, the Cougars are back in the NIT this season.
It's a tournament with which the program enjoys a rich history.
BYU's highlights in NIT play include two championships, tied for the fifth-most in history, trailing St. John's (6), Bradley (4), Dayton (3) and Michigan (3).
The Cougars also own a near-perfect home record in NIT play, having not lost in the Marriott Center in the postseason tournament since 1982.
BYU also boasts an NIT MVP, Roland Minson in 1951, and has had other players, like Dick Nemelka and Fred Roberts, make big contributions during the postseason tourney.
Here's a look back at BYU's history with the NIT.
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 54
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 8
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named... 7