BYU basketball connections to the NIT
Following a six-year stretch where the BYU men's basketball team made the NCAA Tournament, the Cougars are back in the NIT this season.
It's a tournament with which the program enjoys a rich history.
BYU's highlights in NIT play include two championships, tied for the fifth-most in history, trailing St. John's (6), Bradley (4), Dayton (3) and Michigan (3).
The Cougars also own a near-perfect home record in NIT play, having not lost in the Marriott Center in the postseason tournament since 1982.
BYU also boasts an NIT MVP, Roland Minson in 1951, and has had other players, like Dick Nemelka and Fred Roberts, make big contributions during the postseason tourney.
Here's a look back at BYU's history with the NIT.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 33
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21