College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 14-18 (3-5, Great West Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in GWC quarterfinals to Houston Baptist
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: A year after nearly shocking Weber State in the CIT, the Wolverines took a major step back. Losing former All-American Isiah Williams and leading rebounder Geddes Robinson to graduation didn't help. Neither did in-season injuries to starters Ben Aird and Alfonzo Hubbard.
The Wolverines had their bright spots, including a win over WCC-member Pepperdine, but too often they found themselves on the wrong end of close outcomes, punctuated by their double-overtime loss in the GWC tournament.
Where they go from here: UVU is slated to begin WAC play next season, which will ideally bring in a better crop of recruits the program sorely needs.
Ben Aird (15.1 ppg, 9.0 rpg) and Holton Hunsaker (13.2 ppg, 36.3 percent 3-point FG) are good senior pieces to start with, but they'll need more help if the Wolverines want to capitalize on their first chance at an automatic bid to the Big Dance.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 144
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 97
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 94
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 86
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 61
- Playoffs ‘almost... 34
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 34
- Utah football fall practice position... 23