College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 11-20 (8-12, Big Sky Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in BSC quarterfinals to North Dakota
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: The Thunderbirds managed to tread water in their first season in the Big Sky, but a 3-8 non-conference record set them back early, including a 38-point beating at Gonzaga.
Still, a five-game conference win streak showed the Thunderbirds weren't in over their heads in the BSC, and a tournament loss to CIT-bound North Dakota is nothing to sneer at.
Where they go from here: The T-birds are losing their top three scorers this summer, including Jackson Stevenett's 17.6 points and 6.1 rebounds per game. South Sevier scoring machine Race Parsons should be able to shoulder some of that load, and other significant incoming pieces should help ease the transition.
Weber State and Montana aren't likely to go away, but the Thunderbirds should only get better with a new conference to use as a recruiting chip.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 100
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 25
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 24